The Green Hell awaits with its biggest update yet
Warsaw, Poland, July 1, 2019 — Independent Polish developer, Creepy Jar is excited to announce that their massively successful Amazon-based survival game, Green Hell will be launching into 1.0 on Sept 5, 2019. Gaining legions of fans during its Steam Early Access phase, the most anticipated feature of the 1.0 release, Story Mode, will see players test more than just their survival skills as they embark on a desperate mission to save their lost love, Mia.
Releasing into Early Access in August of 2018, Green Hell comes full circle just over one year later as it launches into version 1.0. Expanding with regular updates fueled by both the studio’s own internal creativity and based on feedback from the game’s active community, Green Hell has seen a lot of changes in that time. From an expanded map to new camp options and the addition of various plants, animals, and tribal enemies, the Amazon rainforest of Green Hell is more dangerous than ever.
Continuing their focus on listening to the Green Hell community, Creepy Jar has also implemented a number of changes and fixes to coincide with the 1.0 launch update. Find a detailed changelog on their Steam page (updated on July 1) and see a list of the major additions in the update below;
Story Mode and 1.0 Update Additions
- Story Mode! — How did you end up in the Amazon? What happened to your love, Mia? How can you escape? How can you survive? Seeking answers to these questions will take you to the brink of sanity as you rediscover well-known areas and discover new areas for the first time.
- New Map Areas — The lush rainforest of Green Hell gets even bigger with new Wetlands to explore.
- Perma-Death Difficulty — Gear up for the most ruthless challenge yet. There’s no coming back from death.
- New Graphics Options — Optimize your experience with new FOV, Vsync, antialiasing, texture quality, and shadow distance options.
- New Plants and Animals — Introducing the psychosis-inducing Psychotria Viridis, the Banisterposis Caapi, and the lethally poisonous Dart Frog.
- Decay Timer— Many items in the game will now start to wither and decay. Players will have to be vigilant learning to use their items before they expire.
- Custom Game Settings — Have a problem with snakes? Maybe spiders? Introducing new options to turn tribes, predators, spiders, snakes, and the sanity meter on or off! Hate managing macroelements? Green Hell is also adding a depletion speed slider to adjust how quickly you need to replenish yourself.
- Realistic Survival Simulator — Green Hell puts great focus on realism in both its world building and gameplay. Everything that is crafted or built is necessary for survival and was consulted on with experts. The Amazon is not a typical forest; threats are literally crawling under your skin.
- Psychological Thriller — You awake in the middle of the night, you hear the distant voice of your wife, Mia through the darkness. Through the radio her pleas for help ring in your ears. Will she be ok? Will you succumb to the dangers of this hostile environment before you can rescue her? The hardest battle you’ll face is the fight against yourself, your weaknesses, and your fears in order to find Mia.
- A Lushly Recreated Amazon Rainforest — Every effort has gone into recreating the lush world of the Amazon. An exotic and dangerous place, this jungle is filled with many hazards beyond predators including toxic plants, illnesses, and infections all waiting to bring the player to their demise.
- Body Inspection — Dangers lurk around every corner, but they also live under your very skin. Paramount to your survival is checking your body for parasites, infections, and wounds. Take care of your body or you will face the consequences.
Green Hell is now available on Steam Early Access at a list price of $19.99 USD