Montreal, Canada – August 21st, 2019 – Signal Space Lab, the award-winning multimedia studio, is proud to present Afterlife for virtual reality and iOS devices. Following the death of a close family member, we uncover our own version of the story seamlessly, as seen through the eyes of a young child.
Contributing to the future of entertainment with live-action interactive narrative, the studio developed a proprietary technique called Seamless Interactive Cinematic VR. Showcased in Afterlife, this ground-breaking technique enables the audience to navigate fluently through complex branching narratives as they weave seamlessly in and out between storylines by interacting with objects and following the characters — the outcome, a live-action story unique in its category for its scale that adapts organically to the audience in a non-intrusive and yet interactive way .
Afterlife is now available on the VivePort, PlayStation VR, Oculus Store (Rift, Go, GearVR), and Steam for USD $5.99; and USD $2.99 for the mobile 360-degree adaptation available as an app for iOS devices on the App Store.
In September, the experience will have its world premiere at the Raindance Film Festival 2019, nominated as Best Cinematic Narrative Experience and for the Discovery Award as Best Debut Experience.
“Afterlife is the next experiment in immersive interactive narrative from Signal Space Lab that underscores how much can be done with this emerging medium. The rules are far from written, and this experience demonstrates important progress.”
- Keram Malicki-Sanchez, Founder and Programmer, VRTO Conference, FIVARS Festival
“Afterlife offers hope and encouragement for the future of VR fiction as it seamlessly integrates the magic of technology with the skills of clever filmmakers.”
- Don Young, President , Those Canadians Media Group
- Seamless Interactive Cinematic VR allows players to intuitively affect the story by showing interest in one character over another.
- Navigate and interact in a rich live-action narrative where no playthroughs are alike – thousands of unique, story-driven choices means that no two endings will be the same.
- Live-action footage helps reach profound levels of immersion and strongly connects players with their surroundings.