It’s time to explore the tranquil ocean of an alien world as In Other Waters launches today
Melbourne, Australia – April 03, 2020 — Fellow Traveller and Jump Over the Age are delighted to announce that In Other Waters, the game of discovering new life in an alien ocean, is now available for PC and Nintendo Switch.In Other Waters costs $14.99 USD, but to celebrate the launch, there is a 10% discount on orders that runs now through launch week until April 10.
- Nintendo Switch: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/in-other-waters-switch
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/890720/In_Other_Waters/
In Other Waters is a unique narrative adventure that puts players in the role of an AI assistant revealing the mysteries of the turquoise depths of an alien ocean. Xenobiologist Ellery Vas is searching for her missing partner on the planet Gliese 677Cc. Equipped with a malfunctioning dive suit possessed by a strange AI unit, Ellery discovers extraterrestrial life and an ocean full of secrets.
In Other Waters, the2019 IndieCade Europe Jury Prix award winner, is sci-fi without soldiers and violence focusing instead on wonder and exploration, fear and vulnerability, and the relationship between a long-dormant AI and its human pilot. The relationship between the AI and the operator unfolds over an impactful narrative uniquely interpreted by the player. The depths of Gliese 677Cc contain many secrets. For life to continue, it must change. What will you discover as you track, sample and learn about life inside this alien ocean?
Developed by Gareth Damian Martin, the one-man team behind Jump Over The Age. An accomplished games journalist whose work can be found at Eurogamer, Kotaku, US Gamer, and more, Gareth is also an artist, game designer, and writer.
- Explore an Alien Ocean: Freely dive into an expansive section of seafloor, from shimmering reefs to inky depths. Unlock upgrades and make discoveries that allow you to open up new paths, uncovering strange creatures and environments as you do.
- See the World Through an AI Lens: Navigate an elegant, intuitive UI via touch or mouse controls. Interpret signals, set headings, and map the ocean through experimentation and intuition.
- Become a Xenobiologist: Discover and catalogue species through observation, scanning, taking samples, and interacting with alien life. Read Ellery’s notes, look at her sketches, and help her classify an entirely new ecosystem.
- Plan Your Dives: Choose whether to study creatures, investigate secrets or dive new areas, then come back to your base to study samples in the lab, chat to Ellery or read her journals to understand more about this world.
- Build a Lasting Relationship: Through limited communication learn more about the person whose suit you inhabit, and help guide her towards a terrible truth. What you experience together will bring you closer.
Now available on PC and Nintendo Switch.