New World Interactive and Focus Home Interactiveare delighted to announce six more months of free content for Insurgency: Sandstorm on PC, outlined in today’s roadmap. Much of this content is possible thanks to the fantastic community support, with much of what’s planned coming directly from player feedback and multiple surveys.
Starting July this year, the six months of free content includes the following major additions (order of release is TBD):
- Level editor and tools – mod support is coming!
- Two new maps – includes a snow map and another yet to be revealed
- Night versions of maps – this includes the release of special nighttime equipment
- New weapons and equipment – toggleable optics, mini-shotgun attachments and more are planned, along with others based on post-launch community surveys
- Hardcore ruleset across all modes – the option for hardcore rulesets will be made available to every game mode
- PvP Frontline & Co-op Outpost game modes – these two new game modes were chosen in Sandstorm’s first community survey. Frontline features two teams in a tug-of-war over multiple objectives to reach and destroy their enemy’s weapon cache. Outpost allows players to go on the defensive at randomized locations against waves of enemy AI.
- New character customization – many more cosmetics will be added, for both Insurgent and Security teams.
All this and more are aimed for release this year. For more information on the above additions and updates, have a read of the Roadmap Community Update by lead game designer Michael Tsarouhas.
Stay tuned for more info about further upcoming free content in the coming months.
About Insurgency: Sandstorm
Taking the original Insurgency formula and evolving it, the millions selling FPS comes enhanced and expanded . Insurgency: Sandstorm is built in UnrealEngine 4 with upgraded graphics, taking the series into a new era. Coming to PC and, for the first time, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One ; Insurgency: Sandstorm brings extended gameplay possibilities, improved immersion, and new co-op and versus objective-based game modes. All while retaining the lethal tactical action that made Insurgency the worldwide phenomenon it is today.
Fight across a modern battlefield utilizing gameplay mechanics that blur the lines between reality and shooter – split second decisions will mean life or death for you and your team. Each weapon has unique ballistic calculations that take into account things like bullet drop and penetration power. Choose to drop magazines for faster reloads in dangerous situations, carefully open doors to keep quiet, or bash doors down with a shoulder charge, and much more.
Participate in large-scale battles in up to 16-versus-16 skirmishes with artillery barrages, helicopter gunships, re-purposed commercial drones, air strikes, and drivable land transport vehicles. Battle across expansive maps with interiors to breach and high-value objectives to control with your team. Each map’s size and play areas are adjusted specifically for each game mode and can also be played in co-op against bots.
Like its predecessor, Insurgency: Sandstorm rewards teamwork and objective play over personal success. Players will also finally see long awaited features such as character customization, ranked matchmaking, and many more.
- The 3,6 million selling Military FPS comes enhanced and expanded.
- Built in Unreal Engine 4, the game takes the series into a new era on PC and, for the first time on Consoles
- Fight across a modern battlefield utilizing gameplay mechanics that blur the lines between reality and shooter
- Battle across expansive maps up to 16-versus-16 in online multiplayer, or in co-op against bots
- Emphasis on strategic teamplay with in-game positional voice chat and a clever use of vehicles and air support
- Compete in Insurgency: Sandstorm’s ranked modes which rewards teamwork and objective play