Battle a bloodthirsty cult, undo the horrors inspired by a mad Alchemist, and lead your team of mercenaries to victory on consoles and PC next year
Geel, Belgium, September 9, 2020 — Warcave has revealed their brand new turn-based RPG, Black Legend,coming to PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Switch next year. Master the art of alchemy and old-school strategy in this dark fantasy world directly inspired by folklore and stories from 17th-century Belgium and the Netherlands.
Lead a band of mercenaries into the cursed city of Grant, a metropolis shrouded in a deadly fog that inflicts madness upon anyone in its path. Use steel, alchemy, and close-quarter tactics to battle a deadly cult of fanatics and devout followers of the great alchemist Mephisto, who have taken control of the city.
As you explore Grant, you’ll piece together stories from survivors, discover new equipment and classes for your team, and delve into many locations during your quest to discover how to stop the city’s curse from spreading.
Black Legend Features:
- Strategy-Focused Gameplay: Approach each combat with a tactical focus, where unit placement, ability combos, and well-chosen attacks are key to survival. Black Legend focuses on old school strategy vibes, but without the 95% percent chance misses.
- Explosive Combos: Mix up your ranged and melee combat by using alchemy for a wide array of explosive effects. Combine stacks of four different alchemic attacks to injure, poison, and debilitate your foes, but be warned, they will do the same to you.
- Extensive Character Customization: Build your mercenary band with a wide array of classes, each with unique abilities. Improve each of your mercenaries with new weapons, armor, and trinkets, and create your own ability sets by equipping cross-class abilities.
- Choose Your Difficulty: For those who wish to see the story, the path can be gentle. For those who wish for difficulty, even the slightest mistake will be greatly punished.
- Historic Enemies: Black Legend fills the city of Grant with creatures from Belgian, Dutch, and German folklore like nekkers, Halewijn, Witte Wieven and Old Red Eyes.
- An Engaging Story: Dive into the narrative through environmental storytelling, colorful NPCs, and rich set pieces.
- An Entire City to Explore: Free-exploration lets you investigate the many alleys and streets in the city of Grant. Different districts host a wide variety of architecture and environments — you never know where you’ll discover a hidden path, a treasure trove of new items, hidden quest, or recruitable character.