Fatbot Games has announced a prequel to the original grid-based dungeon crawling adventure, coming to Windows on September 15th, 2020 – shortly followed by Mac & Linux.
Bratislava, Slovakia – August 31st, 2020. Vaporum: Lockdown is a grid-based dungeon crawler in an original steampunk setting, inspired by classics such as Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder, or the new Legend of Grimrock series. Lockdown, prequel to critically acclaimed Vaporum, expands on everything that made the original game good.
About Vaporum: Lockdown
Follow Ellie Teller, a young scientist, working on teleportation research in a grand secret project—Arx Vaporum—hidden in the middle of a vast ocean. Experience the last moments of her normal day job before things go very wrong, forcing her to quickly adapt to omnipresent danger and to confront her own past.
- Old-school grid-based dungeon crawler with modern audiovisuals and controls.
- First-person real-time combat with deadly foes with varied abilities and behaviors.
- Stop time mode where time only passes when you act, giving you unlimited time to reason about your next best move.
- Intriguing story following a fully voiced female protagonist.
- Unique gadget-based RPG system with tons of customization, tons of loot, and tons of synergies to find.
- Mind-bending puzzles and hazards.
- Immersive steampunk setting.
- Full controller support.
- Localized in 8 languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Russian, Polish, Japanese, and Chinese.