he brand new Dual Universe Alpha 2.1 update has been released to the community of backers.
In this update, the Novaquark team has introduced new Space Core Units, a building element allowing players to build constructs in space. From deep-space trading outposts to orbital gas stations, Dual Universe players will now begin colonizing the system. Other changes in this latest update include overall improvements to the game’s physics, construct collision detection, piloting changes, and more.
To celebrate the new Space Core feature, the Novaquark team has announced a community contest challenging players to stretch their creative skills in zero-g. From October 31 to January 13, Dual Universe Alpha players will be competing to build the best space stations and orbital platforms. A full list of contest rules is available on the Dual Universe Space Station Building Contest blog.
Additionally, Novaquark will be showing off their latest build and recruiting new talent at the Montreal International Gaming Summit.
About Dual Universe
- UNIVERSE (available in test version): The first fully editable universe made for players by players. The only limit is your imagination! Gather your friends and build on a truly epic scale, from ships, cities and space stations, to Lua scripted puzzles and interactive constructs.
- MASSIVE (available in test version): Dual Universe is the first game where potentially millions of players can interact together simultaneously, inside the same giant universe. We call it the Continuous Single Shard Cluster (CSSC) technology. This proprietary technology means no multi-server player separation, instances or loading times, just one enormous, persistent universe.
- EXPLORATION (partially available in test version): Explore & Discover new worlds with your friends, find rare resources and build the greatest place in the universe. Will you be a nomad treasure hunter, or a calculating profiteer?
- ECONOMY (partially available in test version): Dual Universe will have the most realistic economy system ever made in a game. From weapons and tools, to spaceships and giant space stations, build and trade everything to everyone – at your price – on your own market.
- WARFARE (work in progress): Fight for supremacy, resource control or geostrategic advantage, as you join with fellow players and create your own defense systems, build warships, cities and space stations. Will you defend yourself or lay waste to your enemies?
- POLITICS (work in progress): Be a lone wolf or choose an organization or build your own, hire new players, fight other alliances, cut deals with them or rule your own part of the Universe with this completely open political landscape, full of emergent gameplay opportunities.